Crop Name : Chilly
Crop Duration : 7 to 12 Months Approx.
Crop Season : Whole Year
Mulching Colour : Black and Silver
Require Size : 2 feet to 1.2 Mtr. (Width) and 25 to 30 Micron (Thickness)
Approx. Covering Area : If size between two rows is 6 feet then 400 Mtr. In 10 Guntha. Or 1600 Mtr. In one acre or 4400 Mtr. In one Hector required for chilly crop.
Advantages of Plastic Mulching Film in chilly are as below :
(1) Mulch had positive influence on fruit setting in chilli.
(2) Increased amount of vitamin-C in chilli fruit was observed in all the mulch treated plants compared to control in Traditional way of croping.
(3) Mulching produced more fruits per plant in chilly compared to Traditional way.
(4) No weed found in the black and silver plastic mulching film for chilly crop.
(5) Root length in the mulched plants was not different, but higher than the control plants . Mulches had significant primitive effects on root elongation. This might be due to the conservation of enough soil moisture, suitable soil temperature as well as suitable microclimate condition.
(6) Maintain Temperature for any climate.
(7) Increase yield Approx. 37 %. (As per Experiments made by Agri. Uni.)